Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This is definitly something new...

Wow, I've never done this before, so I guess here we go! I will start by telling you a little bit about myself. I was born in Tennessee, but I've basically lived in GA all my life, this is where I would say I did most of my growing up. I was saved by the grace of God at the young age of 8 years old. Now, some people would question that, and say, "How can you be saved that young, and understand all that there is to understand about it?" In answer, I will say, I knew that I needed to be saved, and I remember talking to my sunday school teacher at the time. She helped me understand what I needed to do, and since Jesus was tugging on my heart strings, it wasn't a hard choice for me! Anyways, so ever since then, I've been living for God. I have made a few mistakes along the way, but I know that I know that I know, I've been forgiven! My family is very important to me also, I'm Eddie's daughter, and my sisters are Beth and Lisa. I love my sisters soo much! I just wish I got to see them more, because we live about 4 hours away! Maybe one day that will change. My Dad is also a wonderful person, and he is such an encouragement to me, everyday. I don't know where I would be today without him! I married my highschool sweetheart, Joshua, when I was 21 years old, (kind of young, I know), but I wouldn't change anything. He served his country for four years in the Marine Corps. and did 2 tours in Iraq. We were married for about 6 months when he deployed to Iraq the second time, and it was a challenge. That experience taught me to rely on God for everything, and it wasn't fun at the time, but I grew into a stronger christian and individual because of it. You could say before all of this happened, I prayed for patience, and God sure did give it to me!hahaha. My mom is a blessing to me too. We haven't always had the best relationship, but I love her none the less. I've only got one mom, and I intend on showing her love everyday. Anyway- Well, what else to say? I've talked about me, and family, but I did leave one important thing out- My dog. Yes, Gus, the Chihuahua. I never thought that I would ever have a chihuahua, I never grew up around one, never thought they were that cute, and I don't know, just didn't picture myself with one. That all changed about 2 years ago. Me and my husband were living in Jacksonville N.C. and I had come to the conclusion that I wanted a dog. No, that's wrong, a PUPPY. I literally bugged my poor husband to death with the constant, "I think we should get a puppy" speal. My husband was gone alot during the day, and sometimes days at a time because of his job. I was lonely, so obvioulsy That's all I thought about, wanted, dreamed of, for several months. I looked online at all the cute pictures I could find, trying to decide how I could sucker my husband into letting me have one. We weren't supposed to have one at our apartment, but... I decided it was a risk worth taking. (I look back now, and realized it might have been a bad decision,,, but all's well that end's well, right :)?) anywho..... We first saw Gus at the pet shop in the mall in Jacksonville. I remember saying to him, after we talked to the girl that was helping us, "I hope you get a good home!" It cracks me up now that I think about it,, but moving on.... a couple days after that, we finally went back, and he was still there. I knew then that he was mine and I just had to rescue the poor little guy. We brought him home with us and I guess you could say me and josh fell instantly in love with him.. I know this is probably crazy to say,, but he's like our child! We don't have any "human" children yet, one day though. For now, Gus is all we can handle. Well, I think that pretty much does it... hopefully it wasn't too incredibly boring and Hopefully I will start to get the hang of things, like my sister beth! She's very good at this "blogging" stuff. Maybe she'll teach me a few tricks along the way. Anyway- as long as I have been an encouragement to someone, I've done my job.
*Until I write again*
Happy Blogging everyone :)
*~*~ Go after a life of love as if your life depended on it---because it does~*~*

2 comments:

Eddie said...

That thing about your Dad was the best part. All that other stuff, you could have left out. Maybe you just need to devote and entire blog on that great dad you have.
love ya.
Dad

Unknown said...

Hey Jenny! I'm so glad I found your blog (courtesy of Beth's blog)! It'll be great to stop by to see how you're doing. :-)